Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bollywood

oh my word, bollywood is my new favourite thing! As most of you know I'm a total movie addict...and I think I just discovered a new drug!
So tonight we went to our first Bollywood movie called Jhoom Barabar Jhoom - a new release here. We went on a Sunday night which is the biggest night for the cinema here and it was such a blast. We started our first event 2 days ago so there were 25 of us out tonight laughing our asses off at some of the absurd things. Like one dance number that had: a construction worker, a lakers basketball player, the girls from moulin rouge, can-can dancers,...and god there must have been more! The best part was it was all in Hindi so we had no clue what was going on, and every once in a while I would hear "chalo" (lets go) or they would throw in a random word in English but for the most part I was clueless. It made it so much more fun - ad libbing to movies is hilarious.
Okay so this along with hanging out with the Guides who meet here at Sangam weekly has made me desperate to learn how to dance!! These girls are like 8 years old and the best dancers you've ever seen, they can move like crazy! So I'm the staff member who is "on" for our Bollywood dance session in a few days when we get an instructor in, and after that I'm going to sign up for the beginners classes nearby twice a week. I can't wait to come home, hang out in an Indian restaurant or go to an Indian wedding with Dee (xo) and freak people out at least with my stories or attempts at fitting in! haha.
oh man, to all the people who knew i would love it here and fit right in, you were so right and you know me so well...I dont know if I'm gonna be able to leave this behind...

1 comment:

Christa Ochocki said...

ok, really it is starting to freak me out how much we think alike. check out my latest blog post!